Vaikom Muhammad Basheer was born on January 2, 1908, in the village of Talayolaparambu near Vaikom in Kottayam district, the son of Kai Abdurahman and Kunjathumma, Primary education was at the Malayalam Church in Talayolaparambu and at the Vaikom English School. July 5 is the day of remembrance of Vaikom Muhammad Basheer. Here is a collection of questions related to it.
Baheer quiz/Basheer day quiz/Vaikom Muhammad Basheer Quiz/Litterature Day Quiz/Basheer Quiz English
1. Where was Vaikkom Muhammad Basheer born ?
Answer – THALAYOLAPPARAMB in Vaikom taluk
2. Vaikkom Muhammad Basheer is well known as………….?
Answer – Beypore Sultan
3. In which district is the place Beypore ?
Answer – Kozhikode
4. Which is the first novel by Vaikkom Muhammad Basheer ?
Answer – PREMALEKHANAM published in (1942)
5. Which story of Basheer was developed into film as Bhargaveenilayam ?
Answer – NEELAVELICHAM
6. When was Vaikkom Muhammad Basheer died ?
Answer – JULY 5, 1994
7. What is the name of Basheer’s wife ?
Answer – FABI BASHEER
8. Which book is known as the autobiography of Basheer ?
Answer – ORMAYUDE ARAKAL
9. Who wrote the book ” Basheerinte Ediye” ?
Answer – FABI BASHEER
10. Who wrote the screenplay for the film Bhargaveenilayam ?
Answer – BASHEER
11. In which year was Basheer awarded with Padma Sree ?
Answer – 1982
12. Who directed the film “Mathilukal” ?
Answer – ADOOR GOPALAKRISHNAN
13. Majeed and Zuhara are the characters of Basheer’s novel ?
Answer – BALYAKAALA SAKHI
14. The novel published after the death of Basheer ?
Answer – PREM PATA
15. In which book does Basheer explain hunger on birthday ?
Answer – JANMADINAM
16. The Pen Name Basheer used to write in news journal ” Ujjeevanam” ?
Answer – PRABHA
17. Who directed the documentary ” Basheer The Man” ?
Answer – AR RAHMAN
18. In which book can we see the character Mandan Muthappa ?
Answer – MUCHEETTU KALIKKARANTE MAKAL
19. Who directed the film BALYAKAALA SAKHI ?
Answer – PRAMOD PAYYANNUR
20. Basheer had published a weekly. what was it?
Answer – Ujjeevanam
21. who wrote the biography Basheerinte Airavathangal” ?
Answer – ΕΜ Ashraf
22. what is the real name of vaikom muhammed basheer ?
Answer – kochu muhammed
23. In which year basheer born ?
Answer – 1908 january 21
24. In which district vaikom, talayolaparamb situated ?
Answer – kottayam
25. Who are the parents of basheer ?
Answer – father: Kayi Abdul Rahiman Sahib
26. In which year basheer got married ?
Answer – 1958
27. How was Basheer called by his children and wife ?
28. Who are the brothers and sisters of basheer ?
Answer – Abubakkar, Abdul Khadar ,Hanifa and Fathima
29. Which is the first published story of Basheer ?
Answer – Thankam
30. In which daily was his first story published ?
Answer – Jaya Kesari
31. Which is the only Balasahitya Krithi wrote by basheer ?
Answer – Sarpayanjham
32. What is the name of basheer’s bookstall at Ernakulam ?
Answer – Circle Bookstall
33. Who translated his works in english ?
Answer – Ronald E. Asher
34. Who wrote the famous poem “ente basheer” ?
Answer – O. N. V. Kurupu
35. Who wrote the book “basheerite akashangal” ?
Answer – Perumbadavam sreedharan
36. In which of these works of Basheer is Mookkan the central character ?
Answer – Viswa vikwathamaya mookku
37. What was the name of the house where Basheer lived in Beypore ?
Answer – Vylalil veedu
38. Who was the first Malayalee to win the Kendra Sahitya Academy Fellowship ?
Answer – Vaikom Muhammad Basheer
39. Which of these works is considered to be Basheer’s masterpiece ?
Answer – Childhood companion
40. In which writer shared the Vallathol Award with Basheer in 1993 ?
Answer – Balamaniamma
41. Who played the role of Basheer in the film ‘Mathilukal’ ?
Answer – Mammootty
42. Vaikom Muhammed Basheer also Known as ‘Bepur Sulthan’. Who called him Sulthan ?
Answer – Basheer himself called him Sulthan
43. Which is the most impressed Song for Basheer ?
Answer – Soja Rajakumari
44. In which struggle did Basheer take part along with Gandhij ?
Answer – Uppusathyagraham
45. In which novel ‘Ettukali mammoonj is a character ?
Answer – Aanavariyum ponkurishum
46. Who is known as ‘sulthan of malayalam literature’ ?
Answer- Vaikom Muhammed Basheer
47. A tree highly influenced in Basheer’s literature ?
Answer – Mangosteen
48. When was Pathummayude aadu published ?
Answer – April 1959
49. Where was Vaikom Muhammad Basheer first imprisoned ?
Answer – Kannur jail
50. Which year did Basheer receive Lalithambika antharjanam award ?
Answer – 1992
51. ‘What a bright brightness’. This phrase is used in which of Basheer’s works ?
Answer – Ntuppuppakkoranendarnnu
52. Which year the first novel Premalekhanam published ?
Answer – 1943
53. Which is the work of Basheer that is also known as Women’s Intelligence ?
Answer – Pathummayude aadu
54. Who is the producer of the film ‘Mathilukal’ ?
Answer – Adoor gopalakrishnan
55. Which year was ‘In the Shadow of Death’ published ?
Answer – 1951
56. Which year did Basheer get the Muttathu Varky Award ?
Answer – 1993